Here you will find all the detailed information regarding PKL warning and suspension cards which are Pro Kabaddi League green card, yellow card, and red card.
Pro Kabaddi League is the second most famous sports league in India after IPL. Its viewership is increasing day by day. This league renewed the interest and passion of people in this game. Many local kabaddi players got famous while many started their sports careers in this league.
Pro Kabaddi League 2022-23 is going to start in October 2022 while the Vivo Pro Kabaddi Season 9 Player Auction was held in August 2022, where almost 500+ players went under the hammer to find a home in season 9.
PKL Warning and Suspension Cards: Pro Kabaddi League Green Card, Yellow Card, and Red Card
There are three types of PKL warning and suspension cards. Each card represents a different type of warning or suspension, taken by the umpires. Let’s see the further detail:
This card means that an initial warning is given to the player for violating the rules. When an umpire shows a green card to a player, not a single technical point will be given to the opponent team.
Pro Kabaddi League green card is considered the least dangerous for players or teams among the PKL warning and suspension cards.
This card means that the player is suspended only for two minutes. When an umpire shows a yellow card to a player, one technical point will be given to the opponent team. The team cannot get a substitute for the suspended player. If the suspended player is on the field only then his two-minute suspension will start. If any player is not on the field and gets a yellow card then his suspension will start after he is on the field.
Pro Kabaddi League yellow card is considered a dangerous one among PKL warning and suspension cards.
This card means that the player is suspended for the rest of the match. When an umpire shows a red card to a player, one technical point will be given to the opponent team. The team cannot get a substitute for the suspended player. The team of the suspended player will play the match only with the remaining number of players. If the suspended player is in the field only then his suspension will start. If any player, who is not on the field, gets a red card then his suspension will start after he is in the field.
Pro Kabaddi League red card is considered the most dangerous among PKL warning and suspension cards.
The umpires can only use these cards to suspend or warn the players or coach of the playing team if they are responsible for the following:
- Giving suggestions or coaching from outside the field (any player or coach).
- Showing extraordinary aggressiveness to referees and umpires.
- Passing rude and ill-mannered remarks about the officials and their decisions.
- Constantly complaining or making objections against the decisions taken by the officials and disturbing the match again and again.
- Suffocating a raider by shutting his throat or mouth in any kind of way.
- Holding the raider with scissors tackle by utilizing legs.
- Attempting violent tackle techniques, causing injury to the opponent’s raider.
- Stopping the raider to take his turn of the raid.
- Take extra time to start a raid, like more than 5 seconds. Unless it’s defined in the rule.
Pro Kabaddi League Rules and Regulations: PKL 2022-23 Season 9
- Kabaddi is a physically challenging game that’s why it is categorized in age and weight categories.
- There is a total of 6 officials who supervise the game, which include 2 umpires, 2 assistant scorers, a scorer, and a referee.
- Each team can have a maximum number of 12 players. From which, only 7 players can go in the field at any one time.
- The duration of the match is 40 minutes with a half-time break of 5 minutes. 40 minutes are divided into 2 halves of 20-20 minutes each.
- Before the start of the kabaddi match, a coin toss takes place and the toss winner has the choice whether to raid first or not. In the second half, the team which didn’t raid first in the first half will start the second half with a raid.
- A team can score points during both attacking and defending. To score a point while raiding, the raider must take a deep breath and then run into the opponent’s half to tag or touch one or more players of the opponent team and must return to their half before inhaling again. The raider must not get caught and must remain within the boundary.
- The raider must have to yell loudly, again and again, the word “Kabaddi” only to prove that he hasn’t taken another breath. If the raider failed to do so even for a single moment, then the raider must return to his side of the court without points. These are known as empty raids. And a score point will be given to the opponent team for a successful defensive play.
- While defending, the team must prevent the raider from tagging or touching them and returning over the half-line. The defending team will score a point by successfully preventing the raider from returning to his half after touching or tagging them. Raiders cannot be grabbed by their hairs, clothes, or anywhere else except only limbs and torso. The defenders are not allowed to cross the centerline.
- Both teams will take turns one by one in raiding and defending. After half-time, both teams switch the court sides with each other. The team who defended in the first half will begin the second half by raiding first.
- At the end of the game, the team with the most points will be declared the winner. If both teams have the same score points, then the match will be declared as a draw or a tie match.
The PKL 2022-23 season 9 is going to entertain its fans from October 7th, 2022 till mid-December and the Dabang Delhi will play as the defending champion.
What is a Green Card in Pro Kabaddi League?
The green card is an initial warning against the violation of any rule.
What is a Yellow Card in PKL?
The Yellow card represents two minutes of suspension from the match against the violation of any rule and also gives one technical point to the opponent team.
What is a Red Card in Pro Kabaddi?
The red card represents the suspension for the rest of the match and it also gives one technical point to the opponent team.